I have always enjoyed baking and I love it more than ever now, because I get to bake for my little one. And for her, I only want to bake the healthiest and tastiest recipes.
This recipe that I use, is one that I found after having tried multiple recipes for a healthy blueberry banana bread. And I have become of fan of banana bread since! This recipe makes a super delicious, moist and healthy bread, one that kids and adults will love. It’s perfect because you don’t feel guilty about eating it. It doesn’t contain refined sugar nor does it contain refined flour. It’s perfect for snack time (for baby or you) or for post meal cravings for desserts. When my little one comes home from daycare and she’s starving, she loves to eat this, as does my husband when he gets home from work. And there’s no better validation for my food then my daughter eating it!
Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe:
- Ripe bananas – 3 (Mashed)
- Eggs – 2
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Wholewheat flour – 1.5 cup
- Greek Yoghurt, plain (Or thick yoghurt) – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Sliced almonds – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat an oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix yoghurt, eggs, vanilla essence and honey.
- Add cinnamon and baking soda to the bowl and mix.
- Add bananas to the bowl and mix well and then add flour.
- Fold in the blueberries slowly.
- Pour the mixture in a loaf pan and sprinkle liberally with almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes (in a glass pan) or 45 minutes (in a dark aluminium pan).
- Insert a toothpick to check if bread is done, if not bake for a few more minutes.
I like to enjoy a slice of this with a cup of tea. And I hope you enjoy baking this yumm banana bread and eating it!
I have tried this recipe with and without the almonds and I find it delicious both ways!