Life has gotten really really busy and I’m finding it increasingly hard to find time to cook and blog about it, since I went back to work. Evenings are a blur of activity and I find myself in bed snoozing, around the same time as my toddler. Weekends are spent catching up with friends and being out or doing chores and getting ready for the week. Not complaining about any of it, except of course about not finding enough time to blog and not spending enough time with my buttercup, not in that order though!
Keeping this one short, since my little one is only going to snack for so long, this cumin spiced chicken recipe is delicious and super easy to make.
The chicken needs to be marinated for an hour at least. You could marinate it for longer if you have the time! I haven’t been the most organized person lately so I just marinated it for an hour, while I prepped the salad and played with my little one.
Cumin Spiced Chicken:
- Chicken legs – 4 (Skinless, with bone)
- Chicken breasts – 2 (Cut in three pieces each)
- Ground cumin: 3 teaspoons
- Ground nutmeg: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1.5 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (Or to taste)
- Paprika: 1/2 teaspoon (Or to taste)
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil: 4 tablespoons
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon (Minced)
- Mix all the ingredients and rub over the chicken and refrigerate.
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour (Or maximum over night)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit ( 215 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with foil.
- Place chicken on the tray and place tray in oven on the middle rack for 30 minutes, turning the chicken over after 15 minutes.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, set oven to broil and place tray on top rack for 10 minutes, turning chicken over after 5 minutes.
- Splash on some freshly squeezed lemon juice and serve hot!
Alternatively, you could cook grill the chicken in the barbecue. That was my plan initially but due to unexpected rain, I had to cook the chicken in the oven. Make sure chicken is cooked through and has a nice grill to it. This chicken is the perfect meal with this Apple and Beetroot summer salad. Let me know what you think of it!